HOW TO BUY SPANISH DRIVER’S LICENSE
How to Get a Spanish Driver's License (Even If You're a Resident or Not)
If you’re an American tourist visiting Spain and want to rent a car, or you’re moving to the country and need to drive there, you might think that getting a Spanish driver’s license will be difficult if you don’t live in Spain. However, it turns out that getting one of these licenses is easier than you might think—all it takes is time and money! Here’s what you need to know about getting your spanish driver’s license if you are not living in Spain.
Things you will need
1. A current driver’s license from your home country
2. A valid passport
3. A completed application form
4. Two recent passport-sized photographs
5. A medical certificate
6. A criminal background check
7. Proof of residency in Spain for at least six months, such as an employment contract or utility bill
8.A fee for the Spanish license
9. The Spanish driving test
10. Once you pass the Spanish driving test, you will need to apply for a new spanish driver’s license and take it to the DGT office.
11. From there, they will process your paperwork and take your photograph before giving you back your Spanish driver’s license.
12. Now that you have a Spanish driver’s license, it is important that you understand what is required of you while driving on Spanish roads:
13. Seatbelt – You must wear seatbelts while seated in both front and rear seats
14. Car insurance – Mandatory car insurance is required when operating any vehicle within Spain
15. Wearing glasses – The use of glasses or contact lenses is mandatory if they are used for driving purposes
16a And finally, DUI offenses are punished with harsh penalties like fines and even jail time
What do I need to get started?
The first step is to make sure you have all the required documents. You’ll need your current driver’s license, a completed application form, proof of insurance, and two passport-style photos. Next, you’ll need to pass a written exam and a vision test. Once you’ve done that, you’ll be issued a Spanish driver’s license! It will be valid for one year before it needs to be renewed, so keep an eye on the expiration date! In order to renew, all you need to do is bring in your old driver’s license as well as the renewal form and payment. You can also get it translated into English if you would like!
What are some of the benefits?: There are many benefits to getting a Spanish driver’s license. First off, if you live or work near Spain, this means that any car rental agencies will recognize your international driver’s license and allow you to rent cars with no extra fees or additional paperwork! For people who visit Spain often or study abroad, this means they can drive without fear of repercussions. Plus, most countries accept international drivers licenses when renting cars internationally as well!
Anything else I should know?: To transfer over my US driving record, I just need to contact my local DMV office with my new address in Spain and they’ll update my records automatically! With a Spanish driver’s license, you won’t need to worry about expensive international car rentals again!
Where can I get a temporary license?
While you can technically buy a Spanish driver’s license online, the process is a bit more complicated than that. First, you’ll need to obtain a temporary license from the Spanish government. This can be done by either visiting the nearest consulate or applying for a special permit. Once you have your temporary license, you’ll be able to apply for a regular driver’s license from the local DMV. In order to do this, you’ll need to provide proof of residency and submit the following paperwork: an application form, original and photocopy of your passport ID page; official translation of documents not in English; original and photocopy of national identity card number page (NIE); certification of liability insurance (SR-1), driving record in US or Canada and driver’s license number and expiration date. The only difference between a standard license and one that is issued to non-residents is the sticker on the back of the document which reads Residente Temporal instead of Residente Permanente.
In addition, residents who have obtained permanent resident status must surrender their old licenses before obtaining their new ones. All applicants must also go through Spain’s compulsory theoretical test in order to prove they are proficient enough drivers – those who live outside of Spain will receive instructions on how to take these tests at home when they receive their temporary license.
How long does it take?
The process of getting a Spanish driver’s license if you’re not a resident is actually pretty straightforward. The first thing you need to do is get a medical certificate from a doctor approved by the Spanish government. Once you have that, you can go to any driving school in Spain and take the written exam. After passing that, you’ll need to take and pass the practical driving test. The whole process usually takes about two weeks. It might seem like it would be hard for non-residents to find someone to help them out with all this, but it’s actually really easy: check with your embassy or consulate for a list of authorized doctors, just make sure they speak English! And don’t worry about trying to find a driving school–the schools are required by law to teach anyone who wants a license, so as long as you know how to drive on your home country’s road system, they’ll help you get ready for the tests. They also offer classes to brush up on your skills if you’ve been out of practice.
Before applying for a spanish driver’s license, consult an immigration lawyer to learn more about the process.
What are my options if I want my permanent driver’s license as soon as possible?
There are a few ways that you can go about getting your hands on a Spanish driver’s license, even if you’re not a resident of the country. The first option is to take the driving test in Spain. This option is available to anyone who has been living in the country for at least six months. The second option is to get an international driver’s license from your home country before you move to Spain. This will allow you to drive for up to one year after moving. The third and final option is to apply for a Spanish driver’s license once you’ve become a resident of the country. This process can take up to two months, but it will eventually give you a permanent driver’s license. What do I need to bring with me when I am applying for my Spanish driver’s license? When applying for your Spanish driver’s license, you must bring proof of identification and residency. For example, any form of identification with a photo such as a passport or drivers license and proof of residency such as rental agreement or utility bill are acceptable forms of identification. Once I have my new international driver’s licence, how do I register my car? A new registration certificate should be obtained through the police station where the vehicle was registered by presenting all necessary documentation including: valid ID card; current foreign registration document; insurance document; and title deed to prove ownership (original or photocopy).
Tips from others who have done this before
1. Unless you are planning to move to Spain, there is no need to get a Spanish driver’s license. An international driver’s license is valid in Spain.
2. However, if you are living in Spain or plan to move there, you will need to get a Spanish driver’s license eventually. The process is not as difficult as it may seem, and there are a few ways to go about it.
3. One way to get a Spanish driver’s license is to take the written and driving tests in Spain. This can be done at any local motor vehicle office (Jefatura Provincial de Trafico).
4. Another way to get a Spanish driver’s license is by exchanging your current driver’s license from your home country for a Spanish one.
5. To do this, first contact your embassy or consulate in Spain so they can issue you an authorization letter confirming that you have permission to exchange your foreign driver’s license for a Spanish one. 6. Once you have the letter, bring it with your original passport and foreign driver’s license to any Jefatura Provincial de Trafico where they will process the exchange.
Buy original driver’s licence of Spain online. Model 2022 year. Validation period 10 years. Validation period 10 years. In Spain the driving licence is a governmental right given to those who request a licence for any of the categories they desire
SPANISH DRIVER’S LICENSE
. It is required for every type of motorized vehicle. The minimum age to obtain a driving licence is: 16 years for a motorcycle, 18 years for a car, and 21 years for buses and cargo vehicles .The categories of driver’s license are:
- A – motorcycles and mopeds (Driving licence categories AM, A1, A2, A),
- B – cars, tractors and work vehicles (Driving licence categories B, BE, W)
- C – vans and trucks over 3,500kg (Driving licence categories C, C1, CE, C1E)
- D – buses (Driving licence categories D, D1, DE, D1E)
- CD – trucks and buses (Driving licence categories C, C1, CE, C1E, D, D1, DE, D1E)
- TMT – truck module (must have passed D test)
- BMT – bus module (must have passed C test)
- You can find all necessary information to place an order for driving license below:
SPANISH DRIVER’S LICENSE
Your given names:
Your sex (M or F):
Your date and place of birth:
License number (optional):
Date of issue and expiration (optional):
Written signature in digital format (black ink, white background, high resolution):
Your photo in digital format (color, white background, high resolution)